Responsible for performing semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the maintenance and repair of streets and alleys.
1. Operate 12 yard dump truck.
2. Identify equipment needs for each assigned project. Transport all equipment and materials between job sites.
3. Maintain street and alley pavement by:
4. Address citizen concerns on the job site.
5. Inspect the overall safety of various job projects. Maintain safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment.
6. Attend safety meetings on a monthly basis.
7. Ensure all safety equipment is being utilized on a daily basis.
8. Inspect and maintain assigned equipment. Perform pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections and complete daily work sheet for equipment operated.
9. Keep work location and vehicle(s) in order.
10. Operate light equipment required in the upkeep and operation of the areas of responsibility.
11. May operate heavy equipment in clearing of streets and/or alleys during foul weather incidents.
12. Operate/train on specialized pieces of heavy equipment in the absence of Heavy Equipment Operator.
1+ years related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: