Responsible for monitoring industrial user facilities and wholesale customers to ensure wastewater effluent compliance with State, Federal and Local regulations.
1) Visually inspect facility perimeter and perform on site pH testing and industrial sample collection and preparation for analysis based on Federal, State and local rules and regulations.
2) Transport collected samples to laboratory.
3) Prepare sample chains-of-custody for all samples to determine permitting requirements
4) Perform Certificate of Occupancy inspections and complete industrial waste surveys.
5) Review industrial site locations for permitting requirements.
6) May perform inspections of sand traps and grease traps according to compliance.
7) May conduct routine laboratory maintenance and preparation, make standards and reagents, and enter data results into LIMS and LINKO databases.
8) May assist chemists and senior chemists in sample preparation for testing and analysis.
Advanced training past the High School level in Environmental Sciences
1-2 years experience in industrial or laboratory hygiene and safety
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of Federal, State and Local environmental regulations
Skill in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Skill in utilizing industry specific software applications
Basic knowledge of industrial wastewater sampling procedures and practices
Skill in reading pH Meters
Ability to handle basic laboratory equipment