�Are you a progressive, innovative and dynamic leader? Join the Environmental Waste Services Department to provide high level managerial coverage including long range planning and to establish and direct programs for Landfill and Transfer Station operations. As a Landfill Director you have the opportunity to implement continuous operational improvements along emerging solid waste technology initiatives. The City offers competitive benefits, retirement, professional development opportunities and much more. Come grow with us and see where your career takes you!
Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Regulatory Compliance, Engineering, Contract Administration/ Negotiation, and Project Management work. Also, responsible for providing high-level managerial coverage including long-range planning, establishing and directing related programs, and preparing the business unit budget.
1) Actively participate in annual strategic planning sessions. Facilitate the provision of services to citizens or other departments.
2) Perform long-range planning for staffing needs, equipment replacement, and other operational requirements. Advise the Managing Director and Senior Management Leadership Team regarding the impact of proposals or operations.
3) Participate in the creation and update of departmental policies, SOPs, and Permit modifications.
4) Coordinate with Managers and supervisors in preparation of annual fiscal operating budgets.
5) Analyze field operations and formulate improvements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations. Assure compliance with facility permits.
6) Prepare or review written reports and make corresponding presentations. Participate in public workshops to generate support for proposed projects and facilities.
7) Decide the overall work direction for the staff and their various areas of responsibility.
8) Coordinate solid waste processing operations in conjunction with planning engineering consulting staff to ensure the success of new programs and facilities.
9) Represent the division in negotiations with vendors and service contracts, and participates in contract administration.
10) Represent the division to the public in matters related to solid waste field operations and to private waste haulers regarding safety and operational issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: