Functional manager responsible for driving all activities within the scope of data collection, analytics and technology utilized within the Human Resources department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of programs, processes, services, metrics, reporting and time sensitive processes throughout the City of Garland. Typical systems include HR Information System(s), Applicant Tracking System, Benefits Management System(s), Document Control System and various ancillary applications.
1. Collaborate with key stakeholders including Information Technology, Finance, Payroll, related departments and vendors.
2. Continuously identify, evaluate and provide actionable recommendations for process and system improvements.
3. Be able to easily navigate between being a functional leader and an individual contributor depending on the needs of the organization.
4. Be seen as a credible partner, able to effectively outline issues, gain buy-in and execute solutions as needed.
5. Functional knowledge of human resources core programs with the ability to mirror needed processes and outcomes from a technical perspective.
6. General understanding of regulatory practices as it relates to reporting, compliance, employee management, payroll and/or other related areas.
7. Strong technical acumen, including understanding of database objects and administration.
8. Systems implementation experience.
9. Expert-level knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Access.
10. Experience with an HRMS such as PeopleSoft, Lawson or SAP preferred (direct HRMS experience required)
11. Reporting experience (Knowledge of Crystal Reports or other HRMS report generation tools)