Responsible for performing professional processing of Police Records. Also, responsible for utilizing City Guidelines to perform job functions regarding retention and destruction of records regulations, alarm ordinances, open records laws, and petty cash control.
1) Provide quality customer service for citizens and other City personnel in regards to Police Records management.
2) Establish routines within the department to ensure job functions are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
3) Perform data entry integrity and quality control maintenance of all Police Reports, Accident Reports, Prosecution Reports, Pawn Shop Tickets, Narcotics Reports and other police records to verify accuracy and completion.
4) Assist in administration and enforcement of the City of Garland Alarm Ordinance and operation of Alarm Unit.
5) Assist with administration of Open Records Requests, police mail room functions, petty cash control, retention and destruction of Records.
6) May perform accounts payable functions by processing, updating and maintaining monthly statistics for the department including bills, expenses and p-card information.
7) May research and review requests from the other department and/or agencies in regards to criminal records checks, visa applications, alarm permits, etc.
8) May prepare receipts for money transactions for payment of alarm permits and report fees, reconcile cash drawer and prepare a daily deposit into the department safe at the end of the shift.
9) Perform administrative duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: