Responsible for operating specialized heavy equipment used in removing asphalt /concrete pavement, excavating earth, placing, compacting and stabilizing recycled concrete, base materials, asphalt, operating pavers and performing tasks in pavement improvement projects. Also, responsible for servicing and maintaining equipment and vehicles on job site.
Target Hiring Range: $18.65/hr - $23.29/hr
1. Operate and train on construction equipment including:
2. Work closely with assigned team members in performing:
3. Operate a transit / level to set grade for excavating, establishing sub-grade and setting grade pens for finish grade.
4. Inspect and maintain assigned equipment. Perform pre-trip/ post-trip vehicle inspections and complete daily work sheet for equipment operated.
5. Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment, as needed, under the direction of the Street Department’s Equipment Maintenance Supervisor.
6. Attend all required safety training/meetings and obey all safety policies and procedures.
7. Inspect work site to ensure all traffic control devices are in place, clean and in good working condition.
8. Respond to weather events and emergencies, including the ability to work shift schedules when required.
9. Operate sanding trucks and aggregate spreaders on bridges, intersections and streets.
10. Load and deliver traffic control devices for high water events including placement for road closures / monitoring water levels
11. Perform final clean up after weather events to ensure alleys and streets are passable for emergency vehicles, including tree and debris removal, as well as all other general clean-up.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Software Powered by iCIMS